Finding support and resources in your community is essential as a parent. Building long-lasting relationships and finding others who share your needs, interests, and concerns are just a few of the wonderful benefits of connecting with other families in your area. From therapy services to parenting class searches, we understand how overwhelming it can be sometimes. That’s why we’ve put together this Parenting Resource Guide as a helpful starting point for Detroit-area families.
Early Intervention ABA Therapy and More
Blossom Behavioral is a holistic, all-encompassing center, dedicated to working with young children with special needs and their families. Blossom offers ABA Therapy with a focus on children with autism. Pediatric and family therapies offered include:
· OT (Occupational Therapy)
· PT (Physical Therapy)
· Parent training
Blossom believes in incorporating ABA Therapy throughout all services offered and strives to make the “Blossom Method” a whole-family experience.
Local Parenting Support Groups
Getting involved with a group of parents you can relate to is a wonderful way to create and build your support network. We’ve compiled a list to help you get started here in the metro area:
If you’re expecting a new addition to your family, visit the Detroit Mama Hub for a variety of classes and resources. Connect with other moms with similar needs and interests through:
· Prenatal yoga
· Infant feeding support groups
· Mama and Me classes
· Mama meetups
Resources at your Fingertips
For an all-inclusive list of family-friendly events, parenting tips, and medical directories, visit Metro Parent. You’ll also find resources for:
· Health warnings
· Affordable clothing for the family
DPN is a local network of parents dedicated to helping children succeed and thrive. Education and training are offered in several areas through powerful courses such as:
· Love and Logic: Helping parents teach their children about responsible choices while also determining effective consequences.
· Parent Leadership Training: Empowering and motivating parents while helping them strengthen their communication skills, handle stress, and make a positive impression on their children and in their communities.
The DPN also offers support groups for a variety of families and their specific needs. Among them are:
· Come Hear Our Stories: Support for survivors of various health issues, including diabetes and cancer. This group offers support, awareness, treatment education, and resources.
· Mommy Support Group: Mothers come together to support and encourage mothers in the local Detroit area.
· Today is the Day: Support and resources for LGBTQ parents through a nurturing, inclusive, and safe environment.
· Men of DPN: Guidance and inspiration for fathers in search of support during tough times.
· Grandparents Parenting Again: With a growing number of grandparents raising their grandchildren, this group offers support, resources, and encouragement.
Helping Families in Need
Michigan 2-1-1 offers a site to meet many of your needs from Disaster Services to Financial Assistance. Connecting you to the nearby support you need is what they do best. Find help for your family, such as:
· Clothing Vouchers
· Food and Nutrition Programs
· Bill Pay Assistance
Our team is here to support you and your family. For more information on our ABA Therapy services or help finding additional resources for your child’s needs, contact us today!