Speech pathologists at Blossom Behavioral Wellness Center are trained in working with the following disorders and diagnoses:
- Language Delays and Disorders: This includes deficits in receptive language, for example: following directions, answering wh-questions and reading comprehension. This also includes deficits in expressive language: for example, play skills, non-verbal communicators, vocabulary, asking questions, forming complete and grammatical sentences and literacy skills.
- Speech Sound Disorders: including articulation disorders (difficulty in producing certain sounds) and phonological process disorders (patterns of sound errors)
- Motor Speech Disorders: such as Childhood Apraxia of Speech.
- Autism Spectrum disorder: Often, children on the Autism Spectrum demonstrate difficulty with language and social skills. Our certified Speech Language Pathologists help improve expressive and receptive skills in children on the spectrum.
- Pragmatic Language Disorders: Including difficulty with social skills, for example: initiating and terminating conversation, eye contact and facial expressions.
- Childhood Fluency Disorders: stuttering and disfluent speech.
At Blossom Behavioral Wellness Center, we also offer two speech therapy groups.
Toddler Time is an interactive, parent/child group that teaches parents how to use various language strategies within the home environment. Each session of Toddler Time is spent learning and practicing a different language strategy. Toddler Time is facilitated by a licensed Speech Language Pathologist.
Preschool Pals is therapeutic language-based preschool preparation program. The goal of Preschool Pals is to encourage peer interactions and target social and language skills in a naturalistic setting. In Preschool Pals, we practice transitioning, working within the group and becoming more independent. Preschool Pals helps children generalize their learned skills from individual speech therapy sessions to a more natural, school-like environment.